News:

Sostenete DC Leaguers (scopri come).

Menu principale

Superior - di Mark Millar e Leinil F. Yu

Aperto da Matches Malone, 01 Giugno 2010, 19:31:45

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Buddy Baker

In Italia se -ma lo do per scontato- e quando arriverà sarà pubblicato dalla Panini, giusto?

Ex Capitan Marvel, ex edo

Daredevil

Sì, l'hanno annunciato a Lucca. Per aprile mi pare

Buddy Baker

Citazione di: Matt Murdock il 15 Gennaio 2012, 12:00:44
Sì, l'hanno annunciato a Lucca. Per aprile mi pare

Ottimo, visto i ritardi della serie pensavo ci mettesse molto di più ad arrivare

Sef-

Non vedo l'ora che esca, m'ispira tantissimo (ma proprio tanto)!!

Azrael

It's the final issue and it's a double sized one. This is the final battle between Superior and Ormon the astronaut demon monkey. The fate of the world hangs in the balance so how will Mark Millar bring this series to an end?
Be careful what you wish for. Simon Pooni thought gaining superpowers would be the answer to all his problems. Now it comes down to his soul or the lives of millions.

The Good
Because this series exists in Mark Millar's own created universe, the feeling that anything goes adds an element to the story that you can't get in other comic books. Throughout the series we've seen a child with multiple sclerosis get the ability to become his favorite superhero. As with many tales, you don't always get what you wish for. There's always a catch and with Simon Pooni, there is a huge catch. The demon Ormon wants his soul and the world now needs Superior to save the day.

This is what superhero battles should be like. You get a clear feeling of the intensity of the battle as Leinil Yu's art is full of detail. You get a sense of how brutal things get and can see the destruction from the battle and people getting thrown around. Too many times the fights are way to contained. There isn't always time to try to lure the villain to a deserted area and seeing it all gives the story a more realistic feel, despite being full of super powers and giant demonic threats. While many artists might skimp on the tiny details in the background, it's a treat to see how much Yu puts into each panel.

The Bad
The reporter, Madeline Knox. I understand the purpose she served in this series but she has always come across as the weakest part. There's been a lack of consistency with her character. She started out almost evil then became an almost victim to feel sorry for and finally the one with all the answers.

Also the final comments from Simon's friends at the end just came across as too corny. I could have done without that bit of conversation. It almost actually made me groan.

The Verdict
This is the final issue of Superior. When a series comes to an end, there's always the fear and anticipation that of it ending incredibly well or becoming a big disappointment. Mark Millar knows how to put on a show. We get an epic battle for the soul of little Simon Pooni while the lives of millions are at stake. Leinil Yu's art is a breath of fresh air as he crams in the perfect amount of detain into each panel, giving the story a realistic feel. When major forces are fighting each other, you expect to see utter chaos and Yu shows it nicely. We do get a satisfying ending. There is a moment of cheesiness right before the end but it can be overlooked just by the satisfaction of the final battle. Is this the absolute end for Superior? It appears so and if that's the case, it's a nicely done job by Millar and Yu.

4 su 5

Da CVine
INSTAGRAM: AZRAEL'S CAVE

The Batman (2022) - Batcycle 🦇 REEL

The Batman (2022) McFarlane by Jim Lee 🦇 REEL 🦇

Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori

Bobby Drake

L'associazione contro la sclerosi multipla per la quale lavora mia sorella regalerà gli albetti Panini ai bambini/adolescenti che passeranno, loro malgrado, per i corridoi della speranza.

Occhi nella Notte

Citazione di: Speis il 12 Marzo 2012, 23:57:06
L'associazione contro la sclerosi multipla per la quale lavora mia sorella regalerà gli albetti Panini ai bambini/adolescenti che passeranno, loro malgrado, per i corridoi della speranza.

Una buona iniziativa

Solo quando l'ultimo campo sara' sporcato,
l'ultimo fiume inquinato, l'ultimo animale avvelenato e l'ultimo albero abbattuto
che gli uomini capiranno che non possono mangiare i soldi.

I Miei Articoli  http://www.dcleaguers.it/author/occhi-nella-notte<br />
Collezione Tavole Originali  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=46736<br />
COMPRO http://www.dcleaguers.it/forum/mercatino/%28vendo%29-parte-della-mia-collezione/msg1438045/#msg1438045

V

Io oso fare tutto ciò che è degno di un uomo. Chi osa di più non lo è

Murnau

Io lo piglio, appena esce il TP americano.
Vendo vari Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Frank Miller

Tu non sai che cosa voglia dire sentirli tutti addosso, gli anni, e non capirli più.
                                                                                                                                   La notte, 1961

Non c'è storia più grande della nostra, quella mia e tua. Quella dell'Uomo e della Donna.
                                                                                                                                    Il cielo sopra Berlino, 1987

Daredevil

Buddy Baker

Ho trovato il volume su BD, è possibile che pur essendo uscito a marzo contenga anche il numero di gennaio? E un'ultima cosa, come sono gli HC Marvel? Hanno le sovracoperte come quelli Dc?

Owlman

Non lo prenderò mai.
Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.

V

era meglio un'unica uscita in volume

Post Uniti: 20 Aprile 2012, 13:10:52

:(

Io oso fare tutto ciò che è degno di un uomo. Chi osa di più non lo è

Peter Parker

Esce per la panini a fine Maggio. Lo proverò!!
ex hkogo

Batmonio

esce il 24 Maggio
Spiacente, ma non sei autorizzato a visualizzare il contenuto degli spoiler.