Autore Topic: Outcast - di Robert Kirkman  (Letto 44401 volte)

Online Azrael

• Batman Inc.
  • Moderatore Globale Dell'Ordine di Saint Dumas
  • Azrael V DC Leaguers: Dawn of Nerdness
  • La Vittoria Sta Nei Preparativi
    • Blog Azrael
Fedele all'Ordine di Saint Dumas e al Pipistrello
Combatteremo le idee con idee migliori
I promise you, Bruce.
You were right to pick me.

Offline Cassidy

• Vertigo
  • Spamma di meno, per la miseria!
  • ex Wolverine!
Re:Outcast - di Robert Kirkman
« Risposta #16 il: 25 Giugno 2014, 18:34:39 »
  •  :clap: mo leggo  :ahsisi:

Offline The Buddha

• Cena romanticamente con DiDio
    • You're Alive!
      • Foto Flood
    « Risposta #17 il: 25 Giugno 2014, 23:34:14 »
  • Leggo pareri molto positivi in giro, devo recuperarlo al più presto!
    "I'm the one who steps from the shadows, all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance, ready to deal with the madness. Oh, I've got it all sewn up. I can save you. If it takes the last drop of your blood, I'll drive your demons away. I'll kick them in the bollocks and spit on them when they're down and then I'll be gone back into darkness, leaving only a nod and a wink and a wisecrack. I walk my path alone... who would walk with me?"

Cosa leggo/ho letto? Swamp Thing (Moore - Millar), V for Vendetta, Watchmen, Il Soldato Fantasma, Hellblazer (Delano - Ennis), Sandman, Batman, Y - The Last Man, Fables, Spawn, The Walking Dead, Kingdom Come, Rising Stars, Animal Man, Shade (Peter Milligan), Ken Parker, Dylan Dog, Hellboy, Preacher, Devil (Miller - Bendis) e tanta altra bella robetta

Offline Cassidy

• Vertigo
    • ex Wolverine!
    « Risposta #18 il: 25 Giugno 2014, 23:55:20 »
  • Non sete l HYPE mio  :lolle: :wub:

Offline aster

• Occhialini appannati, gobbetta, sbava sui preview...
    « Risposta #19 il: 26 Giugno 2014, 00:12:33 »
  • mi state gasando anche a me.
    ormai la Image è diventata una tassa mensile per me  :wub:

Offline Cassidy

• Vertigo
    • ex Wolverine!
    « Risposta #20 il: 26 Giugno 2014, 00:14:04 »
    :stralol:
    Come la bolletta della luce  :lolle:

Offline aster

« Risposta #21 il: 26 Giugno 2014, 12:37:50 »
    :stralol:
    Come la bolletta della luce  :lolle:

Peccato che la bolletta della luce non regali emozioni  :lolle: :lolle:

Offline Garedyen

• Indipendenti
    • Sveglio, ma si impegna poco
    « Risposta #22 il: 26 Giugno 2014, 13:14:47 »

• 5/5

http://www.comicvine.com/reviews/outcast-1/1900-3165/

Chiedo scusa in anticipo per l'OT, ma se avete tempo date uno sguardo ai commenti del sito sopracitato, c'è ne sono alcuni veramente divertenti  :lolle:

...and their embers would reignite the fires of life...

Online Azrael

• Batman Inc.
      • Blog Azrael
    « Risposta #23 il: 26 Giugno 2014, 17:49:43 »

• Spoiler  :
    For those who have been following his work lately, you can really split Robert Kirkman into two Kirkmans - the hard-edged, realistic Robert Kirkman who terrorizes his hapless heroes in The Walking Dead, and the Kirkman who embraces superpowers and ignores the rules of reality over on Invincible. Yet with the first issue of Outcast, it feels like we're getting a bit of both worlds, with Kirkman's zombies being replaced by demonic possession and his superheroes subsiding to the supernatural science behind exorcisms. Thus far, Kirkman is still getting warmed up, but like the rest of his comics work, the production values of this book remain top-notch.

To be clear, it's obvious that Kirkman is trying to court his Walking Dead fanbase here, as he opens up this book with a child grinning maniacally as he is chewing his fingers to the bone. (A bit of serendipity to go with Image's superb Nailbiter book, I wonder?) This child is possessed by a demon, and Kirkman reminds us that is very good at being very bad to his characters, as this kid kicks his mother in the nose and head butts and leaps at anyone trying to intervene. But like Walking Dead before it, Kirkman isn't content with just shock value - there's a deeper, character-driven mystery here, as we soon meet Kyle Barnes, a man who's haunted by demons both metaphorical and literal. Kirkman teases out Kyle's story as we meet this broken man - this is a man who hasn't just been traumatized by a possessed mother, but seems to have lost his family to possession, as well. This is not the story of a man who is going to be hailed as a hero, but instead is a man who is, well, an outcast.

Similar to Skybound's Witch Doctor, there's also a bit of a procedural element to this first issue, in the fact that Kyle has to team up with a reverend in order to drive this demon out of the boy's body. While there's the trademark Kirkman brutality at play - at one point, Kyle has to punch the child in the face repeatedly, after the boy bites his hand and won't let go - there's a higher power at work that he couldn't get away with in The Walking Dead. There are rules to demonic possession, and not only are the results not pretty, but we realize that Kyle's education in the subject wasn't, either.

Artist Paul Azaceta is another good pick for this book, as his rough linework still manages to convey a powerful expressiveness to these characters. Kyle, for example, starts off looking like a loser, sitting in his roach-filled apartment with an empty fridge - but later on, we see him literally grit his teeth and pick himself up. (And later still, we see him absolutely lose his cool, looking like a crazy person beating on a child.) Azaceta is able to use shadows to move from the everyday scenes to bits of absolute horror, such as Kyle's mother staring at him like prey from a darkened kitchen.

Of course, it remains to be seen where Outcast will go - if this winds up being a series like Skybound's Thief of Thieves, Outcast may still wind up in an early grave, if Kirkman takes his star power and his vision to another title prematurely. Being a one-man franchise can do that - people demand new franchises, but you can only stretch yourself so thin, and why should you stay on a book beyond your interest level? Life's too short. Right now, Kirkman's vision for Outcast is only embryonic, with strong pacing and great art from Azaceta keeping you intrigued. If Kirkman can assert the direction of this series more fully as time goes on, you may still hold this Outcast close to your heart.

Review by David Pepose
    'Rama Rating: 8 out of 10
    I promise you, Bruce.

Online Azrael

• Batman Inc.
      • Blog Azrael
    I promise you, Bruce.

Offline Cassidy

• Vertigo
    • ex Wolverine!
    « Risposta #25 il: 28 Giugno 2014, 13:34:55 »
  •  :wub:

Offline aster

« Risposta #26 il: 28 Giugno 2014, 19:17:17 »

• Offline Spider Jerusalem

• Lanterne Verdi
    • Green Lantern Light!
    « Risposta #27 il: 08 Luglio 2014, 17:24:13 »
  • Letto ragazzi, letto!!! :w00t: :w00t: Prime impressioni assolutamente positive, giusto le prime pagine sono un po confusionarie ma poi pian piano si inizia a capire tutto! Protagonista fin da subito molto interessante e sicuramente il suo passato sarà un punto fondamentale per la storia. Ho letto il primo numero senza sapere nulla della trama e ci sono rimasto quando ho visto che si trattava
    Spoiler  :
    di esorcismi e rituali vari, la cosa mi affascina e non poco :ahsisi:
    Poi Kirkman scrive bene e facile quindi tutto di guadagnato :asd: Leggendo il messaggio finale sembra che Kirman punti moltissimo su questa serie che secondo lui darà molte soddisfazioni. Io mi aspetto tanto e sono curiosissimo, non vedo l' ora di scoprire il passato del protagonista e di vedere come si evolverà la trama :sisi:

Offline Cassidy

• Vertigo
    • ex Wolverine!
    « Risposta #28 il: 08 Luglio 2014, 20:00:57 »
  •  :w00t: :wub:

Offline The Buddha

• Cena romanticamente con DiDio
    • You're Alive!
      • Foto Flood
    « Risposta #29 il: 08 Luglio 2014, 20:30:59 »
  • Letto ragazzi, letto!!! :w00t: :w00t: Prime impressioni assolutamente positive, giusto le prime pagine sono un po confusionarie ma poi pian piano si inizia a capire tutto! Protagonista fin da subito molto interessante e sicuramente il suo passato sarà un punto fondamentale per la storia. Ho letto il primo numero senza sapere nulla della trama e ci sono rimasto quando ho visto che si trattava
    Spoiler  :
    di esorcismi e rituali vari, la cosa mi affascina e non poco :ahsisi:
    Poi Kirkman scrive bene e facile quindi tutto di guadagnato :asd: Leggendo il messaggio finale sembra che Kirman punti moltissimo su questa serie che secondo lui darà molte soddisfazioni. Io mi aspetto tanto e sono curiosissimo, non vedo l' ora di scoprire il passato del protagonista e di vedere come si evolverà la trama :sisi:

Ma è corretto parlare di un "Hellblazer" in versione Kirkman come dicono alcuni recensori?
    "I'm the one who steps from the shadows, all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance, ready to deal with the madness. Oh, I've got it all sewn up. I can save you. If it takes the last drop of your blood, I'll drive your demons away. I'll kick them in the bollocks and spit on them when they're down and then I'll be gone back into darkness, leaving only a nod and a wink and a wisecrack. I walk my path alone... who would walk with me?"

Cosa leggo/ho letto? Swamp Thing (Moore - Millar), V for Vendetta, Watchmen, Il Soldato Fantasma, Hellblazer (Delano - Ennis), Sandman, Batman, Y - The Last Man, Fables, Spawn, The Walking Dead, Kingdom Come, Rising Stars, Animal Man, Shade (Peter Milligan), Ken Parker, Dylan Dog, Hellboy, Preacher, Devil (Miller - Bendis) e tanta altra bella robetta